By R. G. M. Nisbet,Niall Rudd
Read or Download A Commentary on Horace: Odes Book III: Bk. 3 PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
The 1st finished examine of Spanish writings on East and Southeast Asia from the Spanish colonial interval, they want not anything attracts consciousness to many crucial yet understudied Spanish-language texts from this period. Robert Richmond Ellis offers a fascinating, interdisciplinary exam of ways those writings depict Asia and Asians as either just like and varied from Europe and Europeans, and information how East and Southeast Asians reacted to the Spanish presence in Asia.
The arguments used to justify the deposition of Richard II in 1399 created new different types of political dialogue which built along new expectancies of kingship itself and which formed political motion and debate for hundreds of years to return. This interdisciplinary research analyses the political language and literature of the early Lancastrian interval, quite the reigns of Henry IV (1399–1413) and Henry V (1413–1422).
This publication reports a number of of Mark Helprin’s novels when it comes to their relation to Dante’s Divine Comedy. The authors reveal Soldier of the nice battle, In solar and in Shadow, and Winter’s story considerably correspond to, respectively, Dante’s Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso. the writer himself has said his debt to Dante and references to the Comedy seem all through his works.
This is often the 1st examine contemplating the reception of Greek tragedy and the transformation of the tragic inspiration in Hellenistic poetry. the point of interest is on third-century Alexandria, the place the Ptolemies fostered tragedy as a theatrical shape for public leisure and as an reputable style cultivated via the Pleiad, while the students of the Museum have been commissioned to edit and touch upon the classical tragic texts.
- Justice and the Social Context of Early Middle High German Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Mary Magdalene in Medieval Culture: Conflicted Roles (Routledge Studies in Medieval Literature and Culture)
- Electra and the Empty Urn: Metatheater and Role Playing in Sophocles
- Medieval Literature in Translation
- Ancient Syracuse: From Foundation to Fourth Century Collapse
- The Languages of Aristophanes: Aspects of Linguistic Variation in Classical Attic Greek (Oxford Classical Monographs)
Additional info for A Commentary on Horace: Odes Book III: Bk. 3
A Commentary on Horace: Odes Book III: Bk. 3 by R. G. M. Nisbet,Niall Rudd